« PreviousContinue »
458 MR. PITT'S PARLIAMENTARY SPEECHES.
One seventeenth part of such income, if the same shall amount to 1657. but shall be under 170%.
One sixteenth part of such income, if the same shall amount to 1701. but shall be under 175l.
One fifteenth part of such income, if the same shall amount to 175/ but shall be under 1804
One fourteenth part of such income, if the same shall amount to 180%. but shall be under 185l.
One thirteenth part of such income, if the same shall amount to 185/. but shall be under 1907,
One twelfth part of such income, if the same shall amount to 1902. but shall under 1957.
One eleventh part of such income, if the same shall amount to 1951. but shall be under 2007.
And one tenth part of such income, if the same shall amount to 2001. or upwards.
The resolutions were agreed to, and the report was ordered to be received on the following day.
END OF THE SECOND VOLUME.
Printed by A. Strahan, Printers-Surect, London.
RECENTLY PUBLISHED BY
LONGMAN, HURST, REES, ORME, AND BROWN, LONDON.
1. The SPEECHES of CHARLES PHILLIPS, Esq. delivered at the Bar, and on various Public Occasions, in Ireland and England, in 1 Vol. 8vo.
This Volume is edited by Mr. Phillips himself, and is the only Publication of his Speeches authorized by him.
2. THE SPEECHES of the Right Honourable EDMUND BURKE, in the House of Commons, and in Westminster Hall, handsomely printed in 4 Vols. 8vo. price 21. 16s. in Boards.
The above Volumes contain Mr. Burke's Speeches in the House of Commons, from his entrance into Parliament in 1765 to his retirement therefrom in 1794; together with his Speeches in Westminster Hall on the Impeachment of Warren Hastings, Esq.
3. The SPEECHES of the Right Honourable CHARLES JAMES FOX, in the House of Commons, in 6 Vols. 8vo. (with an Introduction by the Right Honourable Lord ERSKINE), price 41. 4s. Boards.
4. SPEECHES in PARLIAMENT of the Right Honourable WILLIAM WINDHAM; to which is prefixed some Account of his Life. By THOMAS AMYOT, Esq., in 3 Vols. 8vo. price 11. 16s. Boards.
5. SPEECHES of the Right Honourable HENRY GRATTAN, with preparatory Observations; the whole comprising a brief Review of the most important Political Events in the History of Ireland, in 8vo. price 12s. Boards, Vol. the First.
6. SPEECHES of the Right Honourable JOHN PHILPOT CURRAN, Master of the Rolls in Ireland, on the late very interesting State Trials, in 8vo. (the 4th Edition, with Additions), price 12s. Boards.
7. An ACCOUNT of IRELAND, Statistical and Political. By EDWARD WAKEFIELD, in 2 Vols. 4to. with a Map, price 61. 6s. in Boards.
CONTENTS.-VOL. I.-Name, Situation, Extent, and Divisions; Face of the Country; Soil; Bogs; Minerals, &c.; Climate; Landed Property, Rental, and Tenures; Rural Economy; Fuel; Harbours; Light-Houses; Internal Communication; Manufactures and National Industry.VOL. II.-Commerce; Fisheries; Money and Circulating_Medium; Weights and Measures; Prices; Revenue and Finance; Representation; Government; Rebellion in 1798; Parties; Education; Church Establishment; Tithe; Religious Sects and Parties; Population; Customs, Manners, and Habits; General State of the People; Defence; Concluding Remarks.
8. The LIFE of JAMES the SECOND, KING of ENGLAND, &c. collected out of Memoirs writ of his own Hand, together with the King's Advice to his Son, and His Majesty's Will. Published by command of His Royal Highness the Prince Regent, from the original Stuart Manuscripts which have been carefully preserved at Rome, in the Family of the Pretender, and are now deposited in Carlton House. By
Books printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown.
the Rev. J. S. CLARKE, LL. B. F.R.S. Historiographer to the King, Chaplain to the Household, and Librarian to the Prince Regent. In 2 large Vols. 4to. price 61. 6s. Boards.
This Work comprises the History of Great Britain and France, from the latter part of the Reign of Charles the First, to the close of King William's Reign.
9. ANNALS of the REIGN of KING GEORGE the THIRD; from its Commencement, to the General Peace, in the Year 1815. By JOHN AIKIN, M. D. In 2 Vols. 8vo. price 11. 5s. Boards.
10. MEMOIRS of the late THOMAS HOLCROFT, written by Himself, and continued to the Time of his Death, from his Diary, Notes, and other Papers. In 3 Vols. 12mo. with an original Portrait, after Opie, price 11. is. Boards.
11. MONASTIC and BARONIAL REMAINS, with other interesting Fragments of Antiquity, in England, Wales, and Scotland. By G. J. PAŘKYNS, Esq. In 2 Vols. royal svo. illustrated with upwards of 100 plates, price 41. Boards.
12. The HISTORY of ENGLAND, from the Norman Conquest to the Reign of Henry V. By SHARON TURNER, F.S.A. În 4to. Vols. I. and II. price 31. 18s. Boards.
13. The HISTORY of the ANGLO-SAXONS. The First Volume containing their History before their Invasion of Britain, and their subsequent History in England, to the Norman Conquest, including the Life of Alfred, and the Account of the Seakings and the Pirates of the North.-The Second Volume describing their Manners, Government, Laws, Poetry, Literature, Religion, and Language. By SHARON TURNER, F.A.S. In 2 Vols. 4to. price 31. 3s. in Boards. The Second Edition, corrected and enlarged, with an Introduction on the History of Britain before the Arrival of the Romans.
14. MEMOIRS of the KINGS of SPAIN of the HOUSE of BOURBON, from the Accession of Philip the Fifth to the Death of Charles the Third, 1700-1788. With an Introduction relative to the Government and State of Spain. Drawn from original Documents, and secret Papers, many of which have never before been published. By WILLIAM COXE, M.A. F.R.S. F.S.A. The 2d Edition. In 5 Vols. 8vo. price 31. Boards. A few Copies in 3 Vols. 4to. price 6l. 6s. In Imperial 4to. price 12l. 12s. in Boards.
15. MEMOIRS of the LIFE and ADMINISTRATION of Sir ROBERT WALPOLE, Earl of Oxford, with original Correspondence and authentic Papers, never before published. By the Rev. WILLIAM COXE, M.A. F.R.S. F.A.S. A new Edition. In 3 Vols. 8vo.
16. LIFE of HORATIO LORD WALPOLE. By the Reverend WILLIAM COXE, M. A. F. R. S. F. A. S. A new Edition. In 2 Vols. 8vo. price 11. 12s.
17. LIVES of EDWARD and JOHN PHILIPS, Nephews and Pupils of Milton; including various Particulars of the Literary and Political History of their Times. By WILLIAM GODWIN. To which are added Collections for the Life of Milton, by JOHN AUBREY, F. R. S. 1681. Printed from the Manuscript Copy in the Ashmolean Museum; and the Life of Milton, by Edward Philips, first printed in 1694. Embellished with an original Likeness of President Bradshaw, and two other Portraits, in 4to. price 21. 2s. Boards.