The second edition of this popular anthology reveals the rich variety of poetry produced in the period 1700-1800.
- New edition of this popular anthology of eighteenth-century poetry.
- Reveals the rich variety of poetry produced in this period.
- Traditionally prominent authors, such as Pope, Swift, Burns and Cowper, are represented alongside lesser-known writers, particularly women.
- For the second edition, the political and satirical content of the anthology has been strengthened with the inclusion of poems such as Charles Churchill’s Night, Samuel Johnson’s London and Swift’s A Satirical Elegy on a Late Famous General.
- The revised edition includes material by two new women poets, Martha Sansom and Sarah Dixon.
- The editors continue to draw out interesting links between poems, and especially between male and female poets.