« PreviousContinue »
21. And having an HIGH PRIEST over the House of God:
22. Let us draw near with a true Heart, in full Assurance of FAITH, having our Hearts sprinkled from an evil Conscience, and our Bodies wached with pure Water.
23. Let us HOLD FAST the Profellion of our Faith without waver. ing (for he is faithful that promiled)
i Tohn iii. 23. And this is his COMMANDMENT, that we should believe on the Name of his Son Jefus Christ, and LOVE one another, as he gave us Commandment.
Chap v. s. Who is he that overcomech the World, but he chat believe ech that Jerus is the Son of God.
CHRIST comfortetb bis Disciples with the Hope of
Heaven, profesetb bimself the Way, the Trutb, and the Life, and One with tbe Father.
Ver. 2. N (6) my Father's (6) Job AND though after my
xix. 26. m Skin Worms destroy I HOUSE are many this Body, yet in my Flesh fliall I MANSIONS; if it were not so, SEE God.' I would have told you : Igo 27. Whom I shall see for my felf, to prepare a Place for you.
and mine Eyes shall behold, and
not another, though my Reins be 3. And if I go and pre- consumed within me. . pare a Place for you, I will Psal. xvi. 11. Thou wilt shew come again, and receive you Presence is FULNESS of Joy, at thy
* me the Path of :LIFE : in thy unto my self ; that where I right Hand tbere are pleasures for am, there ye may be also. evermore... 4. And whither 100 ve Ps. lxxiii. 24. Thou shalt guide
şu yo me by thy Counsel, and afterward know, and the Way ye know. receive me into GLORY.
5. Thomas faith unto him, 25. Whom have I in Heaven but Lord. we know not whither thee? and there is none upon Earth
that I defire besides thee, thou goest, and how can we 26. My Flesh and my Heart fail. know the Way?
eth, but God is the Strength of my 6. Ferus faith unto him. Heart and my PORTION for ever. I am
2 Chron, ví. 8. But will Gop in the WAY, and the very deed dwell with Men on the TRUTH, and the Life: no Earth ? Behold, Heaven and the Man cometh unto the Father Heaven of Heavens cannot contain but by me.
fai. Ixiv. 4. For fince the Begin7. If ye had known me, ye ning of the World Men have not Thould have known my Fa. heard, nor perceived by the Ear, • ther also : and from hence
neither hath the Eye seen, O Gud,
besides thee: what he hath prepared forth ye know him, and have for him that wALTETH for him. Teen him.
Dan. xii. 3. And they that be 8. Philip faith unto him, o 8 Philit Githunn him WISE shall shine as the Brightness
· of the Firmament, and they shat Lord,
Q 92 . turn
Lord, SHEW us the FATHER, turn many to Righteousness, as the and it fufficeth us.
"> Stars for ever and ever.
Matt, xxv. 34. Then shall the 9. Felis faith unto him, KING say unto them on his right Have I been so long Time Hand, Come ye BLESSED of my with you, and yet hast thou
Father, inheric the KINGDOM pre
pared for you from the FOUNDAnot known me, Pbilip ? He TION of the WORLD. that bath seen me, hath feen 41. Then Thall he fay also unto the Father : and how faveft them on the lett Hand, Depart from thou then, Shew us the Fa• Fire, prepared for the Devil and
me, ye CURSED, into everlasting ther?
his Angels. 10. BELIEVEST thou not. 46. And these shall go away inthat I am in the * Father, the
to everlasting PUNISHMENT, but
ratner, the Righteous into LIFE Eternal. and the Father in me? The Luke”.xxii. 29. And I APPOINT Words that I speak unto you, unto you a KINGDO:11, as my F2I speak not of my self : but
hurt ther hath appointed unto me,
30. That ye may eat and drink the Father that dwelleth in at 'my Table, and fit on THRONES, me, he doth the Works. judging the twelve Tribes of Ifrael. : U BELIEVE me thar i Rom. viii. 18. For I reckon that
the SufFERINGS of this present am in the Father, and the Life, are not worthy to be comFather in me: or else believe pared with the GLORY which thall me for the very Works fake. be revealed in us.
* 2 Cor. iv. 17. For our light Ar. 12. Verily, verily I say unto FLICtion, which is but for a Moyou, He that believeth on me, ment, worketh for us a far more the Works that I do hall he exceeding and eternal Weight of do also, and greater Works
18. While we LOOK not at the than these shall he do; be- Things which are seen, but at the cause I go unto my Father. Things which are not seen: for the
Things which are seen, are temporal; but the things which are not
seen, are eternal. Chap. v, 1. For we know, that if our earthly House of this Tabernacle were diffolved, we have a BUILDING of God, an House not made with Hands, eternal in the Heavens.
2. For in this we GROAN, carnestly desiring to be cloached upon with our House, which is from Heaven :
3. If so be that being cLOATHED, we shall not be found NAKED.
4. For we that are in this Tabernacle do GROAN, being burdened : not for that we would be UNCĻOATien, but cloached upon, that MORTALITY might be swallowed up of LIFE.
Heb. xi. 16. But now they defire a better Country, that is, an heavenJy: Wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he bath prepared for them a City.
Chap.. xii. 22. But ye are come unto MOUNT SION, and unto the City of the LIVING GOD, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to ap INNUMERABLE COMPANY of Angels,
23. To the general ASSEMBLY and CHURCH of the FIRST-TORX, which are written in Hcaven, and ro God the JUDGE OF ALL, and to the Spirits of Just Men made perfect.
24. And • See pag. 1. Of the Divinity of our Saviour.
· 24. And to Jerus, the Mediator of the NEW COVENANT, and to the Blood of Sprinkling, which speaketh better Things than that of Abel.
Rev. üi. 20. Behold, I stand at the Door, and knock : if any Man hear my Voice, and open the Door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my Throne, even as I also overcamc, and am sit down with my Father in his Throne.
CHRIST assureth their Prayers in his Name to be
Ver. 13. AND * whatsoever ye shall 'Ask in my Name,
n that will I do, that the Father may be GLORIPIED in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask any thing in my Name, I will do it. 15. If ye love me, keep my COMMANDMENTS. i.
CHRIST promiseth the Holy Ghost, the Comforter.
Ver. 16. AND I will pray the Father, and he shall give
you another 8 COMFORTER, that he may ABIDE with you for ever;
17. Even the SPIRIT of Truth, whom the Worla cannot receive, because it feeth him not, neither knoweth him : but ye know him, for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you coMFORTLESS ; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while, and the World seeth me no more : but ye fee me: because I LIVE, ye shall LIVE also.
20. At that Day ye shall know that I am in my Fa. THER, and you in me, and I in you.
(c) Exod. xix. 3. Now therefore, 21. He( that hath my if ye will OBEY my Voice in:
"Y deed, and keep my COVENANT, COMMANDMENTS, and keep- then shall ye be a peculiar Treasure eth
unto * See pag. Ixiii. Of the Efficacy of PRAYER, in the APOLOGY to the Harmony of the PS ALMS.
+ See Asts ii. The Descent of the Holy Ghost, and the Reference thereto.
eth them, he it is that lov- unto me above all People : for all Eto me: and he that lov- the Earth is mine.
8. And all the people answered ETH me, shall be LOVED Of together, and said, All thar the my Father, and I will love Lord hath spoken, we will do. him, and will MANIFEST
Chap. xxiii. 21. Beware of him,
and OBEY his VOICE, provoke him my self to him.
not: for he will got PARDON your 22. Fudas faith unto him, Transgressions : for my Name is in not I cariot, Lord, how is him.
Numb. XV. 40. That ye may ro it that thou wilt MANIFEST member, and do all my Command. thy self unto us, and not un- ments, and be holy unto your God. to the WORLD?.
Denit. v. 29. O that there were
such an Heart in them, that they 23. Jesus answered and
a would FEAR me, and keep all my said unto him, If a Man Commandments always, " that i LOVE me, he will keep my might be well with them, and with
ů their Children for ever. Words : and my Father will
Chap vii. 9. Know therefore that love him, and we will come the Lord thy God, he is God, the unto him, and make our FAITHFUL GOD, which keepech ABODE with him..
COVENANT and MERCY with them
that LOVE him, and keep his Com24. He that loveth me not, mandments, to a thousand Genera. keepeth not my SAYINGS: tions. and the WORD which you foh. xxii. 5. But take diligent
u heed to do the Commandment, hear, is not mine, but the Fa- and the Law, which Mofes the Sere ther's which fent me
vant of the Lord charged you, to os. There Things have I LOVE the Lord your God, and to
WALK in all his Ways, and to spoken unto you, being yet keep his Commandments, and to present with you.
cleave unto him, and to serve him 26. But the COMFORTER, with all your Heart, and with all which is the Holy GHOST,
Pral. Ixxxi. 8. Hear, O my Peowhom the Father will send ple, and I will testify unto thee: in my Name, he shall teach o Ifrael, if thou wilt hcerken und you all Things, and bring all 11. But my People would go Things to your REMEM- hearken to my Voice, and Israel BRANCE, whatsoever I have would none of me.
13. O that my People had hearkSAID unto you.
ned unto me, and Israel had walk
ed in my WAYS. PS. cxix. 4. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy Precepts diligently. 167. My Soul hath kept thy Testimonies, and I love them exceedingly. Jer, vii. 23. But this thing commanded I them, saying, OBEY my VOICE, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my People ; and walk ye in all the Ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.
Chap. xi. 3. Cursed be the Man that OBEYETM not the Words of this COVENANT,
4. Which I commanded your Fathers, saying, OBLY my VOICE, and Do them, according to all which I commanded you : so Thall ye be my People, and I will be your God.
Luke vi. 46. And why call ye me LORD, LORD, and do not the Things which I fay?
Chap Chap. xi. 28. Blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it.
job vii. 17. If any Man will do his WILL, he thall KNOW of the DOCTRINE, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of my felf.
i Cor. viia 19. Circumcision is nothing, and Uncircumcision is nothing, but the KEEPING of the COMMANDMENTS of God.
Heb. v.9. And being made perfe&t, he became the Author of eternal SALVATION unto ALL them that OBEY him.
ames i. 21. Whercfore lay apart all Filthiness, and fuperfluity of Naughtiness, and receive with Meekness che ingrafted WORD, which is able to SAVE your SOULS.
22. But be ye Duers of the Word, and not HEARERS ONLY, deceiving your own selves.
23. For if any be a Hearer of the Word, and not a Doer, he is like unto a Man beholding his natural Face in a Glass :
24. For he beholdeth himself, and gueth his way, and straightway forgertech what manner of Man he was.
25. But whoso looketh into the perfe&t Law of LIBERTY, and continucth therein, he being nor a forgetful Hearer, but a Doer of the WORD, this Man shall be blessed in his Deed.
1 Jom ži, 3. And hereby do we know that we know him, if we keep bis COMMANDMENTS.
4. He that faith, I know him, and keepeth not his COMMANDMENTS, is a Lyar, and the Truth is not in him.
s. But, wholó képeth his Word, in him verily is the LOVE of God perfeélcd : hereby know we that we are in him.
Chap. iii. 18. Love not in Word, neither in Tongue, but in Deed and in Truth.
22. And whatsoever wc ASK, we receive of him, because we keep llis COMMANDMENTS, and do those Things that are pleasing in his Sight.
23. And this is his Commandment, that we should BELIEVE on the Name of his Son Jesus Chrift, and Love one another, as he gave us Commandment.
24. And he that keepeth his Commandments, dwelleth in him, and he in him.
Chap. y. 2. By this we know that we LOVE the Children of God, when we love God, and keep his Conimandments :
3. For this is the Love of God, that we keep his Commandments : and his Commandments are not gricvous.
2 John 6. And this is LOVE, that we WALK after his Commandments. This is the Commandment, that as ye have heard from the Beginning, ye should walk in it.
Rev. xxii. 14. BLESSED are they that do his Commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may cnter in through the Gates into the City.
CHRisT leavetb bis Peace with them.
Ver. 27. PEACE I leave, Pfal. M Ercy and TRUTH
Ixxxv. 10. V are met together, 1 with you, my RIGHTEOUSNESS and PEACB have PEACE I give unto you : kiffed each other. not as the World giveth, giveIfai. XXVI. 3. Thou wilt keep
I him in perfe&t PEACE, whose Mind