« PreviousContinue »
1. THE MOSS-HOUSE ; in which many of the Works of Nature are rendered a Source of Amusement to Children. 18mo. half bound, with Six Copper-plates, 2s. 6d.
2. EXAMPLES for YOUTH, in remarkable Instances of early Piety in Children and Young Persons, Members of the Society of Friends. 18mo. half bound, with Plates, 2s.
3. A TOKEN of REMEMBRANCE from a MOTHER to ber ABSENT CHILDREN; comprising Simple Tales, Dialogues, and Easy Poetry, adapted to the Capacities of Young Children. 18mo, half bound, with Copper-plates, 28. ; 4. THE SUNFLOWER; or Poetical Truths, for Young Minds, Religious, Moral, Miscellaneous, and Historical ; forming a Collection of Original Poems, and intended as a Continuation of “ Simple Truths, in Verse." By Mary Elliott (late Belson), Author of “ Industry and Idleness.” 18mo. half bound, ls. 6d.
5. THE LIFE of WILLIAM PENN, abridged and adapted to the Use of Young Persons. By Mary Hughes, (late Robson,) Author of " The Ornaments Discovered,” &c. 8vo. boards, with Plates, 4s. 6d.
6. FLOWERS of INSTRUCTION; or, Familiar Subjects in Verse. By Mary Elliott. ll. ustrated with Copper-plates, 1s.
CHILDREN'S BOOKS. 7. PLEASING & INSTRUCTIVE STORIES, for Young Children. By Mary Hughes. 18mo. half bound, with Six Plates, 1s. 6d.
8. THE YOUNG REVIEWERS ; or, The Poems Dissected. By Esther Hewlett. 18mo. half bound, with Copper-plates, 18. 6d.
9. SOMETHING NEW from AUNT MARY. By Mary Hughes. 18mo. half bound, with Six Plates, 2s.
10. RURAL EMPLOYMENTS ; or, a Peep into Village Concerns. Designed to instruct the Minds of Children. By Mary Elliott. Illustrated by numerous Copper-plates. 18mo. half bound, 28.
11. THE REBELLIOUS SCHOOL GIRL : a Tale. By Mary Hughes. 18mo. half bound, with Six Copper-plates, 28.
12. OSTENTATION and LIBERALITY: a Tale. În Two vols. By Arabella Argus, Author of “ The Juvenile Spectator," &c. 18mo. half bound, with many Copper-plates, 58.
13. AUNT MARY'S NEW YEAR'S GIFT 'to GOOD LITTLE BOYS and GIRLS who are LEARNING to READ. By Mary Hughes. 18mo. half bound, with Copper-plates, 1s. 67.
14. STORIES for CHILDREN ; chiefly confined to Words of Two Syllables. By Mary Hughes. 18mo. half bound, with Copper-plates, Is. 6d.
15. THE ALCHEMIST. By Mary Hughes. 18mo. half bound, 28. 6d.
16. THE METAMORPHOSES ; or, Effects of Education : a Tale. By Mary Hughes. 18mo. half bound, 28. 6d.
143 17. LITTLE LESSONS for LITTLE FOLKS; containing, 1. The Little Sweepers. 2. The Mistake. 3. The Widow and her only Son. 4. Ask and Learn. 5. Village Annals; or Truth and Falsehood. By Mary Belson. 18mo, half bound, 28. 6d.
18. THE YOUNG MORALIST; consisting of Allegorical and Entertaining Essays, in Prose and Verse, Fifth Edition, enlarged; with occasional Notes and Illustrations. By G. Wright, Esq., Editor of “ Mental Pleasures," &c. 18mo, half bound, with Copper-plates, 28. 6d.
19. MARY and her CAT; in Words not exceeding Two Syllables. A New Edition, with New Plates. Price 6d. plain, or 18. with the Plates coloured. "
20. GRATEFUL TRIBUTES, or Recollections of Infancy; containing the Poems of My Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Uncle, Aunty, Mammy, Bible, Grandfather, Grandmother, and Childhood. A New Edition, 18mo. with Six Plates, 6d., or square with coloured Plates, ls. 6d.
21. BARBAULD'S HYMNS, in Prose, for Children ; calculated to impress the Infant Mind with early Devotion. With beautiful Copperplates, 6d., or coloured, ls.
22. PROFITABLE AMUSEMENT for CHIL.DREN, or Familiar Tales; combining useful Instruction with pleasing Entertainment. By the Author of “ Learning better than House and Land.” Half bound, 2s.
23. FOOD for the YOUNG; adapted to the Mental Capacities of Children of tender Years. By a Mother. Half bound, with Copper-plates, 2s.
CHILDREN'S BOOKS. 24. THE WINTER SCENE; to amuse and instruct the Rising Generation. By M. H. Half bound, with Copper-plates, 2s.
25. THE BOOK of BEASTS, beautifully Coloured, with a Description of each : adapted to the Capacities of Infant Minds; in Words of Two and Three Syllables. ls. 6d.
26. THE BOOK of BIRDS, beautifully Coloured, with a Description of each : adapted to the Capacities of Infant Minds; in Words of Two and Three Syllables. ls. 6d.
27. THE LITTLE VOCABULARY, intended as an Introduction to any of the larger Spelling Books, and particularly designed to assist Mothers in the Instruction of their young Children. By Mrs. Lovechild. 6d.
28. MRS. LOVECHILD'S EASY READ. ING"; adapted to the Capacities of Children frons Five to Seven Years old; designed to advance them by natural and easy gradations to the perusal of larger Works; being a companion to, and intended to follow,“ The Little Vocabulary." Divided into a number of short Lessons, and embellished with many Wood-cuts. 18.
29. THE YELLOW SHOE-STRINGS ; or, the Good Effects of Obedience to Parents : with Copper-plates, 1s.
30. HENRY; a Story for Little Boys and Girls from Five to Seven Years old. By Frances Boyer Vanx. Two Parts, ls. each, with Copperplates.
Printed by G. SMALLFIELD, Hackney.