The Edge: Ben and Joe Weider's Guide to Ultimate Strength, Speed, and Stamina
Ben and Joe Weider are the legendary founders of the modern fitness movement. Their name is synonymous with athletic excellence and their proven programs have created champion bodybuilders and sports professionals for more than fifty years, making Weider Nutrition International the number-one sports nutrition company in the world. Now in The Edge, the Weiders share the training secrets of the pros that can help anyone interested in fitness achieve peak performance.
Here's why athletes and weekend warriors alike need The Edge:
* Cutting-edge research-The most advanced scientific research on supplements and nutrition informs the book, offering readers a definitive guide to natural performance-enhancing supplements as an alternative to steroids.
* Specificity-Fitness goals, weight training, and nutrition programs tailored to individual needs.
* The Weider Triangle Method-This simple program combines weight training, nutrition, and skill training.
* Variable Weight Training-As the founders of the International Federation of Bodybuilders, nobody knows more than the Weiders about weight training. All of the recommended exercises are demonstrated in photographs by natural bodybuilding champions Mike O'Hearn and Gea Johnson.
* Dynanutrition-A revolutionary nutrition program based on the Weiders' 10 Commandments of Nutrition.
The Edge is an effective prescription for anyone who wants to be on top of their game-and look their best while they're playing it.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
The Weider Triangle Method
Strength and Muscle Building
4 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
12 reps 24 reps 40 reps Abdominals Aerobics Day aerobic exercise amino acids amounts anabolic anabolic steroids antioxidant arginine athletic performance barbell BCAAs Bench Press benefits beta-carotene blood body fat bodybuilding build caffeine calcium calories calories per day cals carbohydrates cells cholesterol connective tissues creatine develop diet dietary supplements dosages drink dumbbells Dynatrition energy essential fatty acids fast-twitch muscle fibers food and supplements function ginseng glucose glycogen goals grams healthy and actively important improve increase insulin intake guideline Joe Weider keep lean body mass levels lifting linoleic acid low-fat maintain meal Medium metabolism mg per day mgto muscle fibers muscle mass niacin nutrients percent phenylalanine production protein range reduce repetitions reps 15 reps Day role side effects Snack sports nutrition starting position stimulate studies Triceps Upper Body Workload vitamin weight training weight-lifting weight-loss Weight-Training Program workout